Tuesday, December 03, 2013 at 6PM-8PM in Room M114.
Our goal is to ensure you have a successful testing experience as you take the necessary steps to earn your GED Certificate. Your success is our number one priority!
You will need to bring the following items with you to orientation:
- A valid picture Identification Card (i.e. Texas Driver’s license, Department of Public Safety I.D., US Passport, Military ID card, Matriculate Consular)
- A Money Order to cover your testing fees (Leave “Payable To” section blank.)
- A copy of your Official Practice Test scores; or a recent GED Prep Class Certificate.
- Your official GED test scores (if you are re-testing.)
- A Parental Consent Letter and School Withdrawal form if you are under age 18.
- Page 4 of the Online Demographic Form.
All new Texas GED Test-Takers must complete the Online Demographic Form PRIOR TO TESTING at the Cedar Valley College GED Testing center. The Demographic Form can be accessed from the UT Scoring home page: http://www.utk16.org/scoring.
Click the link in red text entitled “GED TESTERS: Click Here for Demographic Form” for instructions on how to create an EID as well as how to complete the demographic record. You will need to choose Cedar Valley College as your Testing Center by entering the CVC Test Center Code: 0367.
You must print page 4 and bring it with you to your scheduled GED Orientation. Applicants that do not complete this process PRIOR TO TESTING will not receive their GED scores.
You may return to the Demographic Form Homepage to make changes to your information at any time until you begin to take your GED tests. On the day of your first GED test(s), the GED Examiner will review and approve your demographic record before you will be allowed to test. Once your demographic record has been approved, the only information you will be able to change online is your name and address.
GED test scores may be accessed by searching The Texas Education Agency web site at www.texged.com. Please allow 4 weeks for your test to be scored and posted.
If you experience problems with your logon ID or password, you should be able to reset the information and start over; or call the UT Help Desk at (512) 475-9400.
We look forward to serving you.